In response to the limited mental health resources in Hancock County, the Hancock County School System is seeking qualified applicants for an ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) Counselor position within our school system for the 2019-2020 school year. This position will serve Hancock County’s student body, offering more intensive interventions and responses than can be provided in a classroom setting. Additionally, the ACEs Counselor will work collaborating partners to increase community awareness and support of trauma sensitive care. The position is guaranteed for one year with the possibility to renew for an additional 3 years.
Salary: $35,600 – $40,000
· Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work, Education, or related field.
· Minimum 3 years work experience
· Must be able to pass a background check
· Must be able to pass a drug test
· Proficient Technical/Computer Skills
· Experience or prior training of Trauma Informed Response with children
· Previous work experience within a school setting/serving school aged children
· Strong communication skills with students, parents, and school personnel
· Ability/experience with team leading
· Ability/experience with leading professional learning
· Understanding of available child services in our area
Deadline to Apply: June 14, 2019
Interested candidates should submit a resume, including three professional references, to:
Tony Seal, Director
PO Box 629
418 Harrison Street
Sneedville, TN 37869
The applicant shall hold a bachelor’s degree and must be a licensed educator or have completed at least 18 semester hours in education, psychology, or sociology.
The applicant must complete 12 semester hours including coursework in each of the following:
The applicant must also complete one of the following:
Please print and return to the Director of Schools Office