The window for choosing the virtual option has now closed. Please wait for guidance and further direction on next steps from individual schools. If you have decided to go back to the traditional path, you must let the school know by Wednesday, August 5th. Please check the hancockcountyschools.com website for other questions and further information.
Hancock County Elementary will be hosting a drive-thru materials pick up session on Friday, August 7th from 9:00 am-6:00 pm (for Virtual Students). If your child is enrolled in Virtual Learning you will receive a folder including, but not limited to the following information:
● Google username and password- Students will complete work in Google Classroom. Students will work in this platform in Reading, Math, Science, Social Studies
● Aspen usernames and password- You can monitor your child’s attendance and grades in Aspen.
● Information about using Google Classroom
● Student handbook
● ETSU School Based Health Clinic Forms
● Other Beginning of the School Year Forms
● If you asked about a Chromebook and were put on our list, we will have information about signing that out as well
Prior to July 30th, you could contact Ms. Ashely Hopkins or the school to be put on a priority list for a device for virtual learning. This list is for parents who NEED a device. Due to the large number of emails and calls, you now need to contact your individual school if your name needs to be added to the priority list. The school will contact you after August 5th to discuss the option of checking out a device (1 per household) and schedule a time for pick up. Your responses have already been recorded from the virtual learning form where the box was checked if you do or do not have a device. Please remember this device is on loan and will be managed by Hancock County Schools.
08:00 am – 04:00 pm